Save Money on Auto Insurance
As an auto insurance buyer, you may be looking for ways to save money on your car insurance. You’re not alone; every insurance company wants to attract new customers, and many are willing to offer discounts to people who meet certain criteria. Here are a few tips that can help you save money on your car insurance policy.
First, consider the type of coverage that you need.
There’s no sense in paying for features that you don’t need, and you may be able to save money by choosing a policy that doesn’t include collision or comprehensive coverage. If your car is older or isn’t worth very much, you may want to drop these coverages altogether.
–You can also save money by increasing your deductible. This is just the beginning of all the ways you could potentially save money on auto insurance. Here are some other ideas:
– Don’t use your garage – Off-street parking keeps your car safer, but it’s also better for keeping your premiums down because garaged cars aren’t exposed to street hazards like rain and snow. Plus, if a thief can see it from the street, they might target it more readily.
– Get better School Grades – Students under 25 with good grades could be eligible for discounts of up to 20 percent.
– Keep your policy Current – If you’re uninsured, any auto accident could potentially be a very expensive proposition.
– Keep your auto insurance policy active – Some auto insurers only require that you keep auto insurance for six months before you can cancel on ‘principal of the shield.’ Others will let you cancel after one month.
– Get your car insured under your parents’ policy – You might save some money if their insurer offers better rates than yours does. Your own insurer doesn’t have to know about it either.
– Don’t drive more than 7,500 miles in a year – If you drive less, some auto insurers will offer discounts because you aren’t putting as much wear and tear on your vehicle or using auto insurance as much.
– Don’t drive when you’re not insured – This is actually illegal in some states, but it could mean certain auto insurance discounts for you if you only drive when you have auto insurance or when your auto insurer allows it. You should check with your auto insurer and state laws to determine whether this applies to your situation.
– Limit the miles on your car – If you want to take a road trip and need to put more than 7,500 miles per year on your vehicle, that’s fine, but be sure that the extra auto insurance costs are worth it over the course of a year. Remember too that auto insurers base their rates partly on how many miles drivers drive each year less mileage means lower premiums.
– Take auto insurance courses – You might be able to receive auto insurance discounts, auto accident forgiveness or auto liability protection by enrolling in approved auto insurance training programs.
– Use your auto insurer’s website – Many insurers have online tools that help you choose the right options for your situation and help you keep track of mileage and other considerations that could affect your premiums.
– Talk to your auto insurer about safe auto habits – Some auto insurers will reduce premiums if drivers take at least one safety course every two or three years.
– Get auto insurance quotes for each year – This way, you’ll always know if your auto insurer is giving you a good deal or not and you can switch auto insurers as needed to get the best auto insurance price. Another idea is to submit auto insurance quotes every couple of months so that you can compare prices and coverage options at your leisure instead of only when it’s time to renew your auto policy.
– Be careful about adding safety features – If those new anti-theft auto headlights make the auto insurer think you drive more than 7,500 miles per year (or whatever your auto insurer’s mileage limit is) or put extra wear and tear on your vehicle, it could have a negative impact on your auto insurance premiums.
– Consider higher deductibles – This will save money but probably won’t be popular with most people who prefer to have a lower deductible in case a costly auto accident occurs.
– Buy cars that don’t cost much to insure – The less you pay for auto insurance each year, the less likely you are to experience rate increases from factors beyond your control such as accidents and thefts.
– Ask about loyalty discounts – If you’ve been with an auto insurer a number of years without raising auto insurance rates or auto accident claims, auto insurers might offer auto insurance discounts to keep you as a customer.
– Don’t be afraid to negotiate – If your auto insurer isn’t offering the auto insurance price you want on your current auto policy, politely ask if that company can match the lower price another auto insurer is offering. You never know what they will say.
– Use an independent agent – Independent agents are able to find great deals through many different auto insurers which means more chances for big discounts like good student and multi-product discounts (for homeowners or renters insurance).
If you’re looking for ways to save money on your car insurance policy, we can help. At American financial solutions, our team of experts are ready and waiting to partner with you in the search for a new auto insurance company that offers discounts. We can also provide tips on how you may be able to qualify for these types of savings through other means such as being an avid driver or having good grades from high school.
Thanks for reading! Visit our other blogs at https://www.americanfinancialsolutionsllc.com/blog/ to get more helpful tips about
4 thoughts on “How can I save money on car insurance?”
Touche. Sound arguments. Keep up the amazing spirit.
Thank you for taking the time to review our company and I am so pleased that we were able to give you a positive experience. We are committed to providing excellent service and it is always great when we can exceed expectations!
I have passed your feedback on to my team, they will be thrilled to hear that their hard work has been noticed. Thank you again for your kind words, please don’t hesitate in contacting us if there’s anything else we can do for you.
Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your weblog.
You have some really good posts and I think I would be a good asset.
If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d love to write some material for your blog in exchange for
a link back to mine. Please shoot me an email if interested.
I will keep this in mind. Were are you blogs to see what you write about to do some back links to each other